Film about King’s Lynn’s ‘Juggling Jim’ goes viral
A film student gained the trust of one of King's Lynn's most well-known characters to make a video documentary that has gone viral on the internet.
The short documentary – titled The Enigma of Juggling Jim – has been watched over 30.000 times since it was uploaded to YouTube this week and features an interview with the eccentric entertainer.
Brodie Rake, 17, who made the film, said: 'It took around three weeks to earn his trust and persuade him that we were genuine about hearing his story. I think he was worried that we were jokers and wouldn't take him seriously.
'He is so well-known in the town and there are so many rumours about him. So I wanted to know if there was any truth behind the rumours and also find out more about the real person behind the performance.'
He added: 'I can't believe it has had so many views on YouTube – but everyone knows him.'
You may also want to watch:
In the film, it is revealed that 'Juggling Jim' is called Anthony and that he is a widower. He also opens up about some of the insults he has received while performing on the High Street.
'I really don't think he deserves the stick locals give him,' Mr Rake said.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
The College of West Anglia student completed the film as part of an academic project. He was also supported by fellow students Stuart Tann, Will Smith and Nathan Wells.
Have you made a film about a local person? Email email@example.com