Timbrell feature for this year’s Filby in Bloom presentation
- Credit: Derek Nicker
Filby's latest addition to its roadside floral displays was put in place on Monday, March 26.
It is an old farm tumbrel donated by local farmer Peter Flowerdew, which has been renovated and repainted by Filby's In Bloom team.
It will be planted up in a few weeks. An added touch is the horse painted up by local artist, Jim Roberts.
Children at the village primary school have been asked to come up with names for the horse with their suggestions published on the Filby in Bloom Facebook page and votes for the favourite name can be cast, via that page, between March 30 and April 6.
Last year Filby achieved gold medals and voted best village in both Great Yarmouth in Bloom and Anglia in Bloom and then went on to achieve the same result at Britain in Bloom.
You may also want to watch:
The village entered Anglia In Bloom for the first time in 1995. Picture by Derek Nicker
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area