Fighting With My Family film crew takes over Great Yarmouth seafront as they shoot scenes for WWE Studios movie
- Credit: Nick Butcher
The seafront in Great Yarmouth has been the scene of many a family day out - and this week it became the backdrop for a major motion picture.
Filming for Fighting With My Family, a movie being produced by Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, was completed on the seafront, with scenes shot in various locations on Marine Parade.
Basing themselves at Joyland's American Family Diner, the crew spent the evening of April 4 filming the final scenes for the movie, having previously held shoots on Norwich market place, Mousehold Health and in the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.
The shoot was welcomed by Great Yarmouth Borough Council, who said it was a big coup for the town.
Barry Coleman, chairman of the economic development committee for Great Yarmouth Borough Council said shooting included an impressive crane shot of the Golden Mile lit up at night.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'This big-screen exposure will showcase Great Yarmouth and its rich culture and offer to a global audience, and inspire local young people who might be interested in a career in the creative arts.
'The borough council actively encourages film-makers to use the borough as a filming location, where this would support the economy and positive profile of the borough, and has helped to facilitate the filming for Fighting With My Family and other films recently.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 3 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 6 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 7 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 8 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 9 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 10 Shoppers queue for revamped garden centre reopening
A representative for the film-makers remained tight-lipped about specific details of what was being shot on the front, but did say the company was extremely happy to be in the town.
Meanwhile, grappling fans in the borough will get an opportunity to see members of the actual Knight family on Easter Sunday, when the World Association of Wrestling hosts a show at Retroskate.