‘Giving back to the community is what makes Norwich special’ - Figbar to collaborate with city foodbank
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Dessert-only restaurant, Figbar, have announced they are teaming up with the Norwich foodbank.
The St John Maddermarket establishment will donate £1 from every one of their signature plated Snickers dessert sold, to the charity.
Norwich foodbank provides crisis food parcels to thousands of people across Norwich each year.
Figbar owner and chef, Jamie Garbutt, said: 'We are so happy to be able to support the Norwich foodbank who assist so many in need.
'Giving back to the community is part of what makes Norwich such a special place and fosters the community-minded spirit that makes us so proud to be residents here.'
You may also want to watch:
Norwich foodbank Project Manager, Hannah Worsley, added: 'This collaboration between Figbar and ourselves, bridges the gap between those who can afford a little luxury and those who can't - it's such a brilliant idea and we're very grateful for the partnership!
'We hope others around the city and further afield, partnering with their local foodbank, might be inspired to do something similar.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker