Fifth Doctor Who to appear at Norwich Sci-fi convention
- Credit: PA
As the fifth incarnation of Doctor Who Peter Davison travelled to many weird and wonderful galaxies but he is now about to land in Norwich.
The actor, who played the timelord from 1981 to 1984 and is also famed for his role as TV vet in All Creatures Great and Small, will be appearing at Nor-Con 6 which takes place at the Norfolk Showground in Costessey next month.
Mark Dean, director of Nor-Con Events Limited, said he was delighted the London-born actor would be coming to the event.
He said: 'He was the fifth doctor and its his first visit to NOR-CON. There's a buzz about him coming.'
Davison, whose other TV credits include At Home with the Braithwaites, Law & Order and The Tomorrow People, will be one of the main attractions for sci-fi fans at the event which is shaping up to be the biggest yet.
You may also want to watch:
The convention, which has been going since 2009, was missing from the calendar last year, but a revamped event will now take place on October 8 with plenty to look forward to.
Other actors confirmed so far include Andrew Lee Potts, who starred in ITV's Primeval alongside Great Yarmouth-born Hannah Spearritt, and Ian McNeice, who has been in a variety of TV shows and films including playing Winston Churchill in Doctor Who, and Bert in Doc Martin.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Danny John Jules and Norman Lovett, who played Cat and Holly in Red Dwarf, are also set to appear at the event with other attractions to include Pinewood Studios' special effects and make-up specialist Peter Tindall doing a live clay sculpt, Back to the Future Delorean car photoshoots.
Mr Dean said: 'We have lots going on. We have the iron throne from Game of Thrones, green screen photography, trader stalls, lots of cosplayers from all over the UK and there are even international visitors from Denmark, Italy and Tokyo.
'It promises to be a very busy day. We strongly advise people to pre-book their tickets online at www.nor-con.co.uk'
The event will be raising money for charity, with donations going to the Louise Hamilton Centre at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.
• Marc Warren, who appeared in Hustle, Mad Dogs and The Musketeers was due to appear at the event but has had to cancel due to work commitments.
Log onto www.nor-con.co.uk to buy tickets or find out more.
Have you got a story about a major new event in Norwich? Email email@example.com