Festivities and celebrations for town
- Credit: submitted
A north Norfolk town is set to welcome the festive season as it stages a Christmas tree festival, craft market and grand lights switch-on.
A whole host of Christmas trees will be helping to fill Aylsham Parish Church with colour and a little bit of Christmas spirit at the church's annual Christmas tree festival which starts today .
The festival is part of an extended weekend of celebrations, which includes the town's lights switch-on and lantern procession, a Christmas craft coffee morning with children's activities, the annual advent candlelit carol service and a special Christmas craft market.
Revd Canon Andrew Beane, the Rector of Aylsham said: 'It is wonderful that the church will be at the centre of the town's celebrations.
'We are delighted that we will be helping to support nearly 30 local, national and international charities over the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
'Our Christmas tree festival is about promoting the charitable work of lots of different organisations in the town and reminding visitors that at the heart of Christmas is generosity, hospitality, and of course the birth of Jesus.'
The Christmas tree festival opens today from 10am - 4pm and on Friday from 10am -8pm. Admission to the festival is free.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 3 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 4 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 5 Local pub splashes back into action
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 Man died after knife fight with housemate
- 8 Norwich pub allowed to reopen after licensing u-turn
- 9 'Illegal and unsafe' - Rave attended by 100 revellers is shut down
- 10 Roadworks cause traffic chaos in north Norfolk town
The lantern procession past the church takes place on Friday at 5pm and the Christmas lights switch-on is at 6pm.
The tree festival is open again from 10am - 4pm on Saturday, November 28 alongside the Christmas craft coffee morning taking place from 10am - midday.
On Sunday, November 29 at 10.15am there will be the Advent Sunday service and the lighting of the Advent crown, at 4pm there will an Advent candlelit service. The tree festival is open from 11am - 4pm.
The Monday Christmas church market event will take place on Monday, November 30 from 9am - midday. The tree festival will be open from 9am - 4pm. The Christmas tree festival finishes on Tuesday, December 1 when it is open from 10am - 8pm.