Festive market in Burnham Deepdale will kick off Christmas for the eighth year
A seasonal market which will kick off the festive period is set to draw hundreds of visitors to the wintry north Norfolk coast.
The eighth annual Deepdale Christmas Market will take place at the start of December and will see more than 100 local producers gather in Burnham Deepdale.
Previous years have seen visitors travel from as far as New Zealand and Japan to explore the stalls, which wrap around Daelgate Market and among the pews in St Mary's Church.
Warming food and drink will be available from three large marquees, while Christmas shoppers will be able to pick up handmade decorations and presents.
Jason Borthwick, one of the organisers, said there would be 'something for every budget, every present list and every taste'.
'Look out for tasty treats, wreaths, cheese, penguin pictures, soaps, homewares, biscuits, chutneys, jewellery, accessories, toys, books, salamis, tea, beer, cordials, glass, bags and photographs,' he said.
'We welcome back established favourites and first timers, as the application list for stalls grows year on year. We like to give new stalls a chance, and to mix up the locations to keep customer interest.'
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
Fellow organiser Estelle Townshend said he event would support charities including the Wells Community Hospital Trust, Break, Brancaster Primary School and St Mary's Church.
Entrance to the event, which runs from Friday, December 2 to Sunday, 4, is free and there will be free car parking available at Deepdale Farm, on Daelgate Lane.
The market will be open from 12pm to 7pm on Friday and 10am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
For more information or a full line-up of the stalls, visit www.deepdalechristmasmarket.co.uk
An entertainment programme will be announced nearer the time.
• Are you planning a festive event we should be writing about? Email email@example.com