Festive lights and fireworks illuminate Bungay
- Credit: citizenside.com
The star was shining on top of a popular town landmark as the festive season started in style.
St Mary's Church in Bungay was bathed in light on Saturday as 'a lovely and fun evening' was enjoyed by all at the popular Christmas lights switch-on.
A 'great turnout' of people flocked to town for the event, with a surprise display of fireworks delighting the crowds.
With performances from band The X-Men at the Butter Cross, the cast members of this year's pantomime – Robin Hood – at The Fisher Theatre also sung before they turned the lights on and illuminated the town.
Members of the Fisher Youth Theatre Group (FYTG) were praised by organisers for singing some festive song, while Father Christmas made an early appearance to hand out sweets to the crowds.
You may also want to watch:
With food stalls at the Butter Cross and mince pies and mulled wine inside St Mary's, there was plenty to tempt the crowds while the town's shops remained open.
And after the main town lights were switched on, the bells at St Mary's rang out – with an firework display adding to the entertainment.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Simon Thompson, one of the organisers from the Bungay Events and Business Association, said: 'It went brilliantly. We had a great turnout and an amazing firework display proved popular as everyone said it was such a nice surprise.
'It was a really great evening, with quite a big crowd, and we were delighted at what was a fantastic event. The star on top of the church looks really beautiful.'