Festive crime crackdown at North Walsham
A pre-Christmas crime crackdown is heading to the streets of North Walsham next week.
Police from the local Safer Neighbourhood Team will be in the town centre on Tuesday December 14 as part of campaign to stop shoppers and businesses becoming victims of opportunist crime.
Shops are being offered crime prevention advice about shoplifters. Crime prevention leaflets offering advice to shoppers will also be distributed to local shops and traders will have the chance to raise any concerns.
Officers will carry out high visibility patrols in car-parks across North Walsham and check for vehicles parked with items on display. To help minimise opportunist thefts from vehicles in the town, the registration numbers of vehicles with visible shopping and valuables will be noted and the owners sent letters reminding them to remove items on future trips.
Licensed premises in the town will also be visited by the team, so the staff can raise any concerns they might have about the festive period and inform officers of planned events.
Later in the week the team will be holding a series of street briefings across the North Walsham area.
On Friday December 17 PCSO Jan Moore will be at St Edwards Church, Badersfield, Scottow from 11am until noon,
- 1 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 3 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 4 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
- 7 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
PCSO Imogen Palmer at Sainsbury's North Walsham from 3pm until 6pm, and PCSO Alex Spinks at the car park next to Mundesley tourist information centre from 2pm until 3pm,
Residents are encouraged to keep informed and have their say at the briefings, with local officers on hand to offer crime prevention advice and give residents the chance to raise any issues or concerns that they may have.
To contact North Walsham SNT call 0845 456 4567 or email email@example.com