Festival set to mark 10th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
People in Suffolk are being invited to 'come along for the stride' as a popular festival celebrates its 10th anniversary.
This year will mark 10 years of the Suffolk Walking Festival – and organisers are promising it will be bigger and better than ever before.
With something for everybody in this year's festival, more than 100 walks are on offer between May 13 and June 4 – with a selection of brand new family walks, popular themed walks and challenge walks.
Colin Noble, Suffolk County Council leader, said: 'The event has always proved very popular and now in it's 10th year, we hope to see even more people taking part.'
The end of the 2017 Suffolk Walking Festival will coincide with the ending of Suffolk's Year of Walking, a campaign celebrating walking in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the walks are now on sale and for a full list of the walks on offer, visit www.suffolkwalkingfestival.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors