Festival set to mark 10th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
People in Suffolk are being invited to 'come along for the stride' as a popular festival celebrates its 10th anniversary.
This year will mark 10 years of the Suffolk Walking Festival – and organisers are promising it will be bigger and better than ever before.
With something for everybody in this year's festival, more than 100 walks are on offer between May 13 and June 4 – with a selection of brand new family walks, popular themed walks and challenge walks.
Colin Noble, Suffolk County Council leader, said: 'The event has always proved very popular and now in it's 10th year, we hope to see even more people taking part.'
The end of the 2017 Suffolk Walking Festival will coincide with the ending of Suffolk's Year of Walking, a campaign celebrating walking in Suffolk.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the walks are now on sale and for a full list of the walks on offer, visit www.suffolkwalkingfestival.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm