Festival of arts at centre a success
A community arts festival in Wymondham held as part of a BBC initiative has been hailed as a success.
The 'Art of the Community' day at the North Wymondham Community Centre was one of more than 1,000 arts events held across the country at the weekend as part of the BBC's Get Creative programme.
The arts day included workshops, author presentations about creative writing, colouring for adults and demonstrations of various handcrafts.
A community centre spokeswoman said the arts day was a useful way of connecting artists living in the area with the wider community.
She said: 'We achieved our aim of bringing a group of like-minded people together and attracted a number of visitors to the community centre by doing so.'
Among the artists taking part were print-maker Andy Hibberd, painter Liz Reed, and Mulbarton-based filmmaker and photographer, Terry Burchell.
Ms Reed changed her role for the second part of the day to that of a musician, joining colleagues to provide a medley of songs and music.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued