Ferret rescued from burning shed by firefighters in Whissonsett, near Fakenham
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Firefighters had to rescue a ferret from a burning shed in Whissonsett this afternoon.
Emergency services were called to the village, south of Fakenham, shortly before 4.40pm to reports of a fire.
But once at the scene on Mill Lane, firefighters from Fakenham realised they had more than just a burning shed to deal with.
As crews used hose reel jets to fight back the flames, they also managed to rescue a ferret during the incident.
After using a thermal image camera to check for any remaining hot spots, they left the scene at 5.06pm.
You may also want to watch:
• Are you the owner of the ferret and want to thank the fire service? Email email@example.com
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?