Female police officer suffers serious assault in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A female police officer is said to be recovering after a serious assault in Lowestoft.
She suffered an injury to her eye after the assault took place just after 1am on Sunday, November 6.
The officer was taken to hospital to be X-Rayed and referred to facial surgery team.
It was the second time in two days the officer was assaulted, according to a colleague.
PC Edward Frazer said in a tweet: 'Tonight an Officer goes home to explain to her children why her face is bruised, all for doing her job. Very brave lady.'
You may also want to watch:
In response to another tweet, he added: 'Bruises will heal but those young children will always remember the day their Mum came home injured after being attacked. Very sad for them.'
A man has been arrested in connection with the incident.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17