Fault causes more delays on the Norwich-London rail line
- Credit: Archant © 2012
Commuters have endured more rail delays this evening following a fault on the Norwich-London mainline.
A points failure at Witham, Essex, at about 5pm, caused some train cancellations and delays for passengers travelling between London Liverpool Street and Norwich.
Train services have begun running again. However, train operator Greater Anglia said there were delays of up to 40 minutes and disruption is expected until 8pm tonight.
The points failure resulted in the 6.10pm London to Norwich being cancelled and the 7.08pm service between London Liverpool Street and Ipswich.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said: 'Network Rail engineers have now rectified the fault and we thank you for your patience and understanding.'
You may also want to watch:
The latest delays come after over running engineering works at Ipswich caused major delays for passengers on the mainline after the August bank holiday weekend.
Further Network Rail works at Ipswich on Sunday were completed on time.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk