Father says Myleene’s Norwich wedding was “absolutely perfect”
The father of Norfolk musician Myleene Klass, pictured, said he was 'left speechless' after walking his daughter down the aisle for her secret Norwich wedding.
Oscar Klass last night confirmed the private ceremony on Friday had taken place at St John's Roman Catholic Cathedral in the city before the small congregation of close friends and family celebrated at St Giles Hotel.
He told the Evening News: 'It was perfect, absolutely perfect.
'There are some moments in one's life that leave you speechless. When you walk your daughter down the aisle, that leaves you speechless.
'In that cathedral, it's a long walk down that aisle. She did it well.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Klass, who grew up in Gorleston, near Great Yarmouth, announced she had married her long-term partner Graham Quinn, known as Gray, through the social-networking site Twitter late on Friday when she tweeted 'Just married!!!X'.
She later thanked well-wishers for their messages and those who had helped to keep details of the wedding secret.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
She added: 'It was, as my mum (and Frank before her) said, done our way.'
Mr Klass said his daughter, 33, chose not to make a deal with any magazines to report on the wedding.
Just 16 of the musician, model and television presenter's closest friends and family were invited to the ceremony which was performed by Rev David Ward, assisting priest at the Earlham Road cathedral.
Mr Klass described him as 'the patron saint of the family'.
Yesterday, Ms Klass, a former Cliff Park High School pupil, posted a photograph of her and her husband on Twitter with the caption: 'I didn't dream it.' Her father said her dress, thought to have been designed by celebrity stylist Kate Halfpenny, was based on Ms Klass' own idea. 'It was her creation,' he said.
Ms Klass first met Mr Quinn when he was a security guard for her former band Hear'Say back in 2011. The pair got engaged in 2006, but postponed their wedding plans when she discovered she was pregnant with daughter Ava in 2007.
The couple's second child, another daughter called Hero, was born in March this year.
Were you there? Contact the Evening News newsdesk on 01603 772443, or email firstname.lastname@example.org