Father offers reward after arsonists torch son’s car outside Wisbech family home
- Credit: Archant
A father is offering a reward after his son's car was torched outside the family home on Saturday.
Paul Dennis said: 'I'm offering a cash reward to anyone who knows who done this with proof of an arrest.
'To the clown who done this, well done what a brave thing you have done you spineless coward.'
Fire crews were quickly on the scene in Black Bear Lane, Wisbech, and managed to stop the blaze from spreading.
'The thing that concerned me was my gas meter is on the outside wall right beside where the car was parked,' said Mr Dennis.
You may also want to watch:
'My partner's daughter was inside totally oblivious that it was on fire until the neighbour banged on the door.'
He said it could easily have turned into a fatal fire 'which is the reason we are offering a reward, leading to a name and conviction. These people need taking off the street.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
Mr Dennis said he was still fuming that 'some lowlife decided to enter my drive and deliberately set fire to my son's car.
'Myself and my partner are away celebrating her birthday for the weekend and her daughter is house sitting for us. It really was an act of stupidity as the car was parked right beside my gas mains meter, so a big thanks to the fire brigade for getting there quickly.
'God only knows what could have happened should that have caught fire.'