Father Christmas visits Jarrold for annual parade
- Credit: Archant
Christmas came early this year as Father Christmas paraded the streets of Norwich.
He was joined by elves and woodland creatures on his magical journey around the city centre to his holiday lodge on floor three of the Jarrold department store on Sunday.
The parade started at The Forum and entertained hundreds of families through the Tunnel of Light and down Gentleman's Walk.
Entertainment included children from Stagecoach Performing Arts in Norwich singing to the crowds and a unicycle unicorn.
Jarrold CEO Minnie Moll said: 'It has been a Norwich tradition since the 1800s that Jarrold celebrates the arrival of Father Christmas with a grand parade.
You may also want to watch:
'It marks the start of our Christmas and it's great that so many people turned out to join in the celebrations.'
Father Christmas will be at Jarrold everyday until Christmas Eve, with a visit costing £5 per child including a gift.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 6 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 7 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel