Father Christmas makes his journey through Norwich to his Jarrold grotto
- Credit: Archant
Santa has come to town, parading through the city to let shoppers and excited little ones know the countdown to Christmas has begun.
Beginning at The Forum, Father Christmas and his little helpers started their journey through Norwich ended up at the grotto in Jarrold.
Travelling by sleigh and accompanied by Nurse Dorothy Dumpling from this year's Theatre Royal pantomime, Snow White, the event was a festive snapshot of upcoming celebrations.
Onlookers were treated to dance performances from Stagecoach Theatre Arts Norwich, who also travelled along Haymarket in the sudden downpour of snow.
Eagerly awaiting Santa, families were queuing outside Jarrold from 10am, entertained by seasonal songs from Norwich Mixed Voice Choir, events were popping up all over the city to celebrate the festive fun arriving at Norwich's independent store.
Jolly elves were handing out sweet treats as children pulled parents to join the queue for the grotto and there were smiles all round for baubles, spinning fairies and nutcrackers.
One elf from the grotto, Beth Cockaday, said: 'The parade was great and all of the children were really excited, now we are keeping them happy with chocolate and gingerbread before they meet Santa.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 5 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 8 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 9 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 10 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- For opening times, visit www.jarrold.co.uk
- If you have a story about a Christmas event, email firstname.lastname@example.org