Father and son team from Sheringham and Holt help African community with charity Quicken Trust
A father and son team from north Norfolk are embarking on a journey to Africa to support a charity helping the community in Kabubbu.
David Eldridge, 59, and his step-son Steven Crane, 44, will be spending ten days in Uganda teaching valuable skills as part of their work with the Quicken Trust.
This will be Mr Eldridge's second trip. He first got involved with the charity when his Thetford-based company, Advantage Technologies, decided to sponsor them 10 years ago.
The Sheringham resident said: 'This will Steven's first trip and we will be working in pretty basic conditions. Steven will be teaching carpentry and carrying out youth project work and I will be teaching a class the basics of aerodynamics and some computer studies.'
Uganda's population is estimated to be over �30m and thousands die from Aids each year. In Kabubbu alone there are hundreds of impoverished orphans.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Crane works at Holt Youth Project and is looking forward to working with the young people in the area.
'It's something I've always done and I like helping children,' he said.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
'I also enjoy carpentry.'
The duo, who will leave for Africa on Tuesday, will be working in an orphanage and school.
Mr Eldridge added: 'I like going out there to help but I also find it quite hard. Some of the things out there are definitely not run of the mill things we see here.'
? For more information about the Quicken Trust please call 01323 832361 or visit www.quickentrust.com.