Bright and beautiful outfits boost grey day
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Although the sun failed to make an appearance, the best-dressed of Norfolk were out in force for the first day of the Royal Norfolk Show.
Ladies and gentlemen turned up in their glad-rags despite a chilly edge to the weather, with many summery dresses, sandals and fascinators on display.
Floral patterns were a popular choice and brought a splash of vibrancy to the day, while many gentlemen came suited and booted.
Breezier conditions didn't stop both genders donning a hat for the occasion, with some spectacular headwear - a traditional show garment - to be seen alongside the more casual straw boaters.
Around the showground there were many clothes and accessories businesses plying their trade, from coats and jumpers to boots and bags.
You may also want to watch:
Style spotters were out in force looking for the most show-stopping outfits, while the Jarrold catwalk offered some ideas for those in search of summer wardrobe inspiration.
- 1 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 2 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 3 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 4 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting