Fashion goes on show in Downham Market in aid of Mind
Three businesses in Downham Market are staging a charity fashion show in aid of the mental health charity Mind.
It's being held at Downham Town Hall on Saturday night, from 7.30 - 10pm. Admission to the event is free, including drinks and nibbles.
The show was the idea of Jane Harper, of Moda woman's clothes shop in Downham.
She has teamed up with fellow Downham retailers Parker Optometrists and Smiths Menswear.
'Jane decided the evening should be in aid of the Mind Charity, in an attempt to raise awareness of mental illness,' said david Cole, from Parker.
You may also want to watch:
'Indeed this is a charity close to my heart having suffered from depression myself and realising what a taboo subject it seems to be.
'This is great opportunity for three local businesses to come together in these difficult financial time to raise the profile of themselves, Mind and ultimately Downham traders and hopefully it can become a regular event.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
The labels represented by Moda will be Hell Bunny (retro styles), Lindy Bot and a new designer Fount.
Parker Optometrists will feature designs from Ted Baker, Hackett, Converse, Christian LaCroix and Silhouette, in both prescription and sunglass styles.
Smith's will feature a range of gents' summer fashions, ready for the warmer weather.