Fancy winning some tasty treats? Macaron Day returns to popular Norwich shop
- Credit: Archant
Masterchef finalist and owner of Macarons & More Tim Kinnaird will host the fifth Macaron Day at his popular patisserie.
The annual celebrations will take place next Saturday, September 9 from 9.30am-5.30pm in the Royal Arcade shop where customers can try a whole host of weird and wonderful flavours and win prizes.
A range of 40 sweet and savoury macarons will be available throughout the day, including watermelon and marshmallow, Cromer Crab, Pino Colada and even Chicken Tikka Masala.
Owner Tim Kinnaird, a former paediatrician who was a runner-up on Masterchef in 2010, will also hide golden tickets in macaron boxes with prizes ranging from mugs to cookery school vouchers.
Mr Kinnaird said: 'Norfolk has a rich and diverse culinary culture, and we wanted to combine the county's love of gastronomy with the delicate delight that is the moreish macaron.
You may also want to watch:
'Our Macaron Day has increased in popularity each year and it proved to be our most popular day of trading in 2016.'
Macaron Day was first started by French pastry chef Pierre Herme in 2005 with the aim to bring the delicacy into the international spotlight.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 9 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 10 WATCH: Demolition of landmark seaside hotel