Famous Norwich wrestling family the Knights to open new base in city centre
- Credit: WAW
A well-known wrestling family from Norwich will open their first shop and base this weekend called the WAW House.
The Knight's family's new facility will serve as a base for their wrestling company World Association of Wrestling (WAW), along with their female division Bellatrix.
The family inspired American wrestling and movie star The Rock to create a new film based on their story, which is currently in production. They will host a grand opening event for the base, which will house their box office and a training facility, on Saturday, July 1 on Rose Lane.
The opening ceremony will include 20pc off WAW merchandise and the opportunity to meet the Knight family.
A raffle is being held on the day, with entrants in with a chance of winning four tickets to the WAW show on September 16.
You may also want to watch:
The company was founded in 1994 by Ricky Knight and Saraya Knight. Daughter Saraya-Jade Bevis has wrestled in WWE under the name Paige.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night