Family’s praise for charity’s work ahead of Norwich Colour Dash
- Credit: EACH
A splash of colour will once again be returning to Eaton Park next month as the EACH Norwich Colour Dash returns for another year.
As one of the charity's most popular fund-raisers, the fun run on Sunday, May 14 will help the charity to provide vital support to children suffering from a life-threatening condition and support their families.
A family who have received support from the charity have spoken of how they wouldn't have coped without their support.
In March last year Claire and Tristan Cork, from Hethersett, lost their five-year-old son, Finnbar, after he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumour.
Mrs Cork said: 'Without EACH we would have been totally exhausted and couldn't have spent the time together at home that we did in the last few weeks.
You may also want to watch:
'They took the weight of a lot of things off our shoulders so that we could concentrate on making Finn as comfortable as he could be.
'We have entered the Colour Dash to support EACH because without fund-raising events and activities, they wouldn't be able to help families like us.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
'We will be running with our son Alfie, 13, and our daughter Nell, who is aged four, as well as many other family members and friends who will be joining us in Finn's memory.
'As sad as our world is without Finnbar, we can't even begin to imagine how we would have managed, or where we'd be now, without their wonderful support.'
Last year the event raised over £20,000 for the charity with over 1,000 participants.
The charity has now announced that the sponsor of the event will be BeWILDerwood. The family outdoor adventure park in Hoveton.
As a celebration of their 10th anniversary, they will be running a competition to give Four Wild Wild Wild annual season tickets to the attraction.
Entry costs £20 for an adult and £10 for a children, which includes a t-shirt, medal and pot of paint.
Family and team tickets are available.
To book your place in EACH's Norwich Colour Dash, visit www.each.org.uk or contact the Norfolk fundraising team on 01953 666767.
Other Colour Dashes this year will be held in King's Lynn, at The Walks on April 23 and in Lowestoft, Normanston Park will host its own Colour Dash on July 9.