Family ignore warning signs and are caught picnicking at recent cliff fall spot
- Credit: Archant
A family picked the site of a recent cliff fall to have a picnic in north Norfolk.
Cromer Coastguard was called out to speak to the picnickers at Sidestrand cliffs yesterday lunchtime.
A spokesman for Cromer and Sheringham Coastguard said: "Cromer team paged back to Sidestrand cliff fall after concerns raised of a family sitting beside the cliff fall.
"Two CROs were sent along the beach to investigate and it was confirmed that a family had picked the spot to have a picnic. Suitable safety advice given to the family."
It comes after a huge fall of earth onto the beach last week. North Norfolk District Council has put up signs to warn people of the dangers.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Pete Revell, from the Coastguard's Bacton team, said there had been two further, smaller cliff falls at nearby Mundesley on Thursday.
He has warned that, following several days of heavy rain, there's more to come. He said: "The water coming off the fields makes the cliffs absolutely saturated and it ends up becoming a mud bath."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack