Family pays tribute after death of England legend Terry Butcher’s son
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2014
Former England captain Terry Butcher's son – former army captain Christopher – has died.
The 35-year-old son of the former Lowestoft Grammar School pupil and England defender, had fought in Afghanistan, serving with the Royal Artillery.
His brother Edward last night paid tribute to him following his death yesterday morning.
He said: 'It is with the utmost sadness that I regret to say that my brother Christopher Butcher has passed away this morning.
'My older brother was the best brother I can ever of asked for and his death has hit the entire family hard.
You may also want to watch:
'I wanted to put this on Facebook to inform all who knew him. We know how greatly he was loved.'
In a separate post, with a photograph of his brother, Edward added: 'Chris you were my hero, you were my best friend and you were someone I would throw myself in the way of a truck for!
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 5 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 9 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
'Thank you for everything you ever taught me and I will miss you for the rest of my life but you will never be forgotten.'