Family invites community to attend funeral of Halesworth fundraiser Jane
- Credit: Archant
The funeral service for Halesworth fundraiser Jane Ringwood will be held on Tuesday, March 21.
The service will take place at St Mary's Church in Halesworth at noon, and the family would welcome anyone who would like to pay their respects.
The wake will be held at The Angel Hotel in Halesworth and any donations will go to Macmillan Cancer Support, who supported Mrs Ringwood and her family during her battle with lung cancer.
Mrs Ringwood, 65, was a huge part of town life having founded The Grandparents and Parents Play Association (GAPPA) which raised £40,000 to build a new playground in Halesworth, as well as formerly running the Old Maltings Leisure Club.
Floral tributes were left at the park and the town's Green Flag was flown at half mast.
You may also want to watch:
Her daughter Denise said: 'We are so grateful for all the love and support people have shown throughout her journey and now after.'
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction