Norwich City supporters asked to wear yellow and green to say farewell to well known super fan
- Credit: Archant
Friends and family will wear yellow and green at the funeral of a Canaries' super fan.
The funeral of Norwich City fan, David Powell, from Attleborough, will take place today with loved ones in the club's colours to commemorate his dedication to the club.
The 49-year-old died in a crash on the Northern Distributor Road at Horsham St Faith near the A140 slip road towards Hellesdon on August 14.
Mr Powell had been a Canaries' supporter for many years and special tributes to him were paid at Norwich's match against Chelsea on August 24, with a minute's applause on 49 minutes to reflect his age.
The club also paid its own tribute during the 49th minute displaying an image of Mr Powell along with a message which read "David Powell, 1970-2019" and a tribute included in the match programme.
You may also want to watch:
The funeral service will be held at Breckland Crematorium at 1pm.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?