GoGoHares latest: Norwich family find fifth Hares Rock
- Credit: Archant
A family of four were lucky enough to find the Holly Hares Rock in Chapelfield Gardens over the weekend.
Sarah Samuel, from the Dereham Road area in Norwich, found the rock with her 12-year-old daughter Ellie while her husband Alan and her nine-year-old son Jack searched nearby.
She said: 'We couldn't believe it when we found it. We were just skimming the ground with our feet and next thing you know we all started going mad.
'We were jumping up and down and we phoned the boys as they had gone to look elsewhere. Ellie and I were screaming with excitement as we couldn't believe we had found one. We are all still over the moon'.
The family had spent two hours the previous Sunday looking for a Hares Rock on Britannia Road but had no luck finding anything. However, when they tried again this weekend they struck gold.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Samuel continued: 'We decided to set out early Saturday morning in the hope that we might find a Hares Rock in the city.
'We got to Chapelfield Gardens at 9am and had found it by 9.20am.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
'We decided to look in the less obvious places as there were quite a few families looking around the band stand and the park.
'We said before we found one that if any of us did, the prize would be split between Ellie and Jack'.
The Samuels plan to collect their prize today when both children have finished school.
There are still five rocks left to find. Here are the remaining clues:
•This Hares Rock appears where many stars have trodden, above the waves and on the board walk in this 'Great' town.
•This Hares Rock can be found resting a rock's throw from this city public sculpture.
•This Hares Rock is placed in the centre of Norwich looking up at one of the city's most iconic sights, on the hill surrounded by trees.
•This waterfront country park owned by a famous family has all you could want, including a #Hares Rock.
•It's a very famous view of our fine city.