Search

Family evacuated after house fire caused by boiler

PUBLISHED: 10:31 25 April 2018 | UPDATED: 10:37 25 April 2018

A family have been evacuated. Photo: Denise Bradley

A family have been evacuated. Photo: Denise Bradley

Archant

A family have been evacuated from the council house following a boiler fire.

The fire and rescue service attended the fire in a property in Oliver Close, Carlton Colville, after receiving the call at 9.28am this morning.

The electricity board were required to attend to isolate the external electricity supply, and a housing officer from Waveney District Council was called as the house was not habitable for the family and to find alternative accommodation for the residents.

The fire was out by 10.02am after being attended to by two crews from Lowestoft South.

Most Read

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

Latest from the EDP

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 4°C

Listen to the latest weather forecast