Funeral held for popular young Norfolk man killed in crash
- Credit: Archant
St Andrews's Church in Bradenham was packed full as family and friends of Bradley Raper, who died at the age of 24 in a car accident near Thetford, gathered to say their goodbyes.
There were not enough seats to fit everyone in as people stood at the back and front of the church to remember the popular young man who lived in Scarning, near Dereham.
Mr Raper's best friends served as his pall-bearers, carrying in his coffin as Ellie Goulding's rendition of 'How Long Will I Love You' played peacefully over the speakers.
Revd Dominique Turnham led the service and Mr Raper's uncle Neil Greentree read a heartfelt poem before sharing details and memories of his life.
Mr Greentree said: 'On May 8, 1994, Sallie was blessed with a son. His name chosen as a tribute to his mother's birthplace (Bradenham).
You may also want to watch:
'When it came to high school, Bradley chose Neatherd. When asked why he answered 'because Abbie (his sister) goes there and she knows where the toilets are.'
'He attended Dereham Sixth Form until 2012. His former step-father Kevin introduced Bradley to the love of football which led to him becoming a season ticket holder (at Norwich City) and following them up and down the country with Lewis (his former step-brother).
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
'He became a keen cricketer at the age of 10 and played for Dereham, Bradenham and also represented Norfolk. His captain was Olly Stone who now plays for England, who gave him the nickname 'muscles'.
'He went on club nights and abroad with his friends, the only condition was that Sallie never got to see the photos.
'In 2017, Bradley started working for Abels Moving Services, ironic because Bradley had no interest in moving out, claiming he was being 'robbed blind' when he had to pay £25 a week for being waited on hand and foot.
'He met his girlfriend Chantelle at Abels. So many plans were tragically cut short on October 3.
'We look forward to telling Bradley's nieces about their uncle.'
R-Kelly's The World's Greatest rang around the church as Mr Raper's coffin was carried out to the churchyard.