Dozens of families left without electricity after power cut
- Credit: UK Power Network
Almost 100 homes on the Norfolk-Suffolk border near Diss have been left without electricity after a power cut caused by a fault.
UK Power Networks received multiple reports about homes without power at shortly before 7am on Sunday in areas of the IP22 postcode.
Electricity losses were reported in areas around the villages of Palgrave, Redgrave, Botesdale, Hinderclay , Wortham and Rickinghall.
A spokesman from UKPN said: 'We became aware of this power cut at 7.04am. We didn't know in advance there would be a power cut, but now that we know, our teams will do everything they can to get your power back quickly.
'Engineers are now on site in the Diss area, carrying out investigations into the fault. Once they have completed their assessment, they will carry out repairs.
You may also want to watch:
'Customers may be concerned at this time about the food in your fridge and freezer. Food should keep for up to six hours in the fridge, and between 15-24 hours in the freezer if you can avoid opening them.'
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut