Families get physical at school’s fitness picnic
- Credit: Archant
Getting physical was the aim of the game at a 'Sporty Family Picnic' held at Wymondham's Robert Kett School for pupils under age five and their families.
The event, aimed at encouraging physical activity and healthy eating from an early age, included everything from egg-and-spoon races to hula hooping.
Groups including Rugby Tots, Be Smart Martial Arts, Wymondham Leisure Centre and Abbotts Dance ran taster sessions, and sports such as archery and tennis proved popular.
Parents were also shown how to put together healthy lunch boxes for their little ones by the school's chefs.
Mulberry Bush Day Nursery, which is based in Wymondham and Mulbarton, sponsored the sports day, and there are plans to hold another event next year.
You may also want to watch:
Wymondham Town Team, the Early Help Hub, Premier Sport, Waitrose, Wymondham Children's Centre, Mini First Aid, Set Your Sights, Wymondham Tennis Club and the police also took part in the event.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut