Families flock to Hunstanton for popular carnival parade
Thousands of people lined the parade route in Hunstanton today as the annual carnival snaked its way through the coastal resort.
The parade, flanked by the popular Searles land train, left the recreation ground shortly after 1pm before slowly making its way down the hill.
With the glorious sunshine and rising temperatures, excited children - and even parents - could be seen tucking into a variety of different ice creams as the parade's colourful floats made their way to the Green.
Schoolchildren taking part in the parade were dressed up various costumes from 'groovy Greeks' to 'ruthless Romans' and there was also a Chinese dragon which danced its way down to the sea front.
Even Santa Claus brought his sleigh to Sunny Hunny to join in with the parade with this year's carnival queen joining him in encouraging the crowd the wave.
One of the most popular floats was the pirate ship which also saw some cheeky pirates cool the warm spectators down by squirting water pistols at them.
It is the third year the event has been staged by a carnival committee made up of local mothers, businesses and other town folk who took over the event from the town's Rotary club.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 6 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 7 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 8 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 9 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
Other attractions at this year's carnival included a Punch and Judy show, a Tang Soo Doo display, a Rollinson Stage School performance and a Tug of War competition.
Local bands also performed at the event from 4pm until the carnival drew to a close at 6pm.