Families can enjoy walks in the park during half-term in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Free half-term activities for children in Lowestoft and the surrounding area are being offered as part of a countywide festival.
As part of this year's Suffolk Walking Festival, Lowestoft Rising is hosting a series of family-friendly walks around Lowestoft.
Three one-mile 'Walk in the Park' events will take place during half-term next week – with children, parents, carers and family members all invited to join in with the fun activities.
Organised by Lowestoft Rising – with support from Sentinel Leisure Trust, Lowestoft Museum, Lowestoft Maritime Museum and other partners – the three days of free activities are designed for primary school age children.
Next Tuesday, May 30 children and their families can take part in a one mile 'Golden Mile' walk. Meet at 10am at the pagoda on the main green near to the gates at Nicholas Everitt Park in Oulton Broad for the walk, which ends at the Lowestoft Museum. Family-friendly events will be taking place in the park and at the museum, with parking available nearby.
You may also want to watch:
In partnership with the Suffolk Wildlife Trust, next Wednesday, May 31, children of all ages and their families can explore Carlton Marshes Nature Reserve.
Meet at the Visitors Centre at the reserve in Burnt Hill Lane, Carlton Colville, at 10am. Those taking part can explore the reserve on a number of self-led trails. There will also be wildlife-themed and sports activities throughout the day at the reserve's education centre.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
Next Thursday, June 1, at 10am at Sparrows Nest Park in Lowestoft, families are being encouraged to take part in a one-mile walk through the park, ending at the Maritime Museum.
Family-friendly activities will be taking place in the park and at the museum. Meet at the museum gates on Whapload Road, with parking available nearby.
Activities and events will be delivered next week by qualified staff from OneLife Suffolk, Premier Sport, Sentinel Leisure Trust, East Coast Community Health Care and Lowestoft O-go-go.
Each event will conclude at about 2pm, and organisers said there is no need to book for the walks – just turn up to your chosen event/s on the day at 10am to take part. Children should be suitably dressed for walking, and remember a picnic lunch.