Fame beckons for Diss folk band The Fludes
- Credit: Archant
An enigmatic folk band from Diss has signed a worldwide publishing deal with a north American rights management company.
The Fludes, who play what they call Medieval orchestral rock, have signed a co-publishing deal with Toronto-based AMG, which was set up in 1998 by record producer Mark Berry, who has worked with Boy George, Duran Duran and Billy Idol.
AMG made its move after the release of the band's first album Ancient Tales earlier this year,
The album was set in the kingdom of Haddon and saw the three band members, vocalist Dawn Flude, composer Father Flude and the guitar-playing Enchanter, take part in a mystical musical journey.
Father Flude said: 'To have our music discovered by such an internationally acclaimed producer as Mark Berry, with his incredible track record of working with the cream of the music business, is a great privilege.'
You may also want to watch:
Dawn Flude added: 'The fact that we have been signed to a worldwide publishing deal is a dream come true.'
After signing the deal, The Fludes will be moving to Toronto to record their second album. There are also plans to turn their first album into a Broadway show.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
Mr Berry said: 'We look forward to helping building their career from the UK to the world.'
Have you got a Diss story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org