False rumours of puppet man’s death
Rumours surrounding the death of one of Norfolk's most well known buskers appear to be untrue after social media sites exploded with hearsay.
Rumours about the death of the Norwich and Great Yarmouth 'puppet man', David Perry, began on social network sites Twitter and Facebook.
It was said that Mr Perry passed away in Great Yarmouth yesterday after suffering from a heart attack but a spokesman from the East of England Ambulance said: 'We were not called to any deaths of men in their sixties in Great Yarmouth last night.'
A Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital spokesman said on Twitter: 'Rumours of his demise have been overstated.'
Twitter users traced the source of the rumour to a single individual on Facebook.
The 67-year-old, who is believed to be living in Norwich, was most recently in the news in September 2007 after saying he would be retiring, but appeared back on the street performing after a week.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 7 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 8 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 9 Housing association hoping to build 461 homes in south Norfolk town
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
He is known for performing in Norwich city centre, usually along Gentleman's Walk near Starbucks, and Great Yarmouth, usually outside McDonald's Restaurant on Regent Boulevard, with his collection of puppets.
He has also appeared in the Evening News previously, receiving new puppets donated from the Langley's toy shop in the city centre.
Do you have a story for Evening News? Contact reporter Donna-Louise Bishop on 01603 772438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org