Falling crane causes damage at prominent Norwich city centre construction site
- Credit: Archant
A crane has fallen over at a prominent construction site in central Norwich.
The accident happened at the Westlegate Tower site on Westlegate at about noon on Monday.
It is believed a crane toppled over, damaging the town house section of the site.
No-one was injured in the accident, and it is not known if the Health and Safety Executive has been informed.
In February, a Norwich shop owner said machinery being used in the renovation of Westlegate Tower knocked rendering from the side of her children's clothing shop, Coccolino, in Timberhill.
You may also want to watch:
At the time, Graham Construction, which is carrying out the work, declined to comment, but Ian Fox, of Westlegate owners FW Properties, said he sympathised with traders' concerns.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job