Fallen tree cuts power to 59 Diss homes during high winds
Homes were left without power after a tree branch fell on overhead electricity cables during stormy weather and high winds in Diss overnight.
Engineers from UK Power Networks were called to restore power to 59 customers in Shelfanger Road shortly after 2am and the electricity was up and running again within an hour.
A spokesman for UK Power Networks said staff were working in poor weather conditions to restore electricity supplies to groups of customers after high winds caused damage to the overhead electricity network across East Anglia overnight.
He said: 'We appreciate how uncomfortable it is being without electricity and would like to thank customers for their understanding while we assess the damage and carry out repairs.
'Our teams of engineers are working as fast as they safely can, from job to job to get power restored.'
You may also want to watch:
If you are without power, phone 0800 7838838.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move