‘It made a change from avoiding unleashed dogs’ - fallen tree completely blocks Norwich path
- Credit: Archant
A fallen tree which had been blocking a Norwich footpath has been removed.
The tree had fallen down on the Lakenham Way path completely blocking the route for pedestrians and cyclists who had to clamber up on the bank to get around it.
A cyclist, who wanted to remain anonymous, said his journey to work was impeded by the stricken tree.
He said: 'Cycling along my usual route of Lakenham Way and thankful that there was no ice under foot I was confronted with a fallen tree completely blocking the path.
'The recent wet weather had obviously made the tree unstable.
You may also want to watch:
'The only way to negotiate it was to disembark and clamber up the bank and around it. It made a change from avoiding unleashed dogs.'
Workmen from Norse, working for Norwich City Council, arrived at just before 9.30am on Wednesday, December 13 to remove it.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant