Fallen tree blocked one lane of the Acle Straight
- Credit: Tyrone Wheatcroft
The Great Yarmouth-bound carriageway of the Acle Straight was blocked after a tree came down in high winds this afternoon.
It happened close to Acle roundabout and initially blocked both lanes.
A police spokesman said the tree was described by someone at the scene as 'a very large tree, fallen from its roots'.
Highways and fire crews also attended.
By 7.30pm, the road was cleared.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile A47 drivers heading to Yarmouth face a diversion via the A1064 via Filby.
Norfolk & Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team asked motorists in a tweet to avoid the area and thanked them for their patience using the hashtag Storm Ali.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy