Hats and heels the order of the day as racecourse hosts ladies’ day
- Credit: Keiron Tovell
Fakenham Racecourse will be awash with glitz and glamour when it hosts its popular ladies' day event this weekend.
It will be on Sunday, June 2, drawing people from far and wide with more advance tickets sold than last year.
Crowds will turn out for six horse races and two pony races. Prizes will be given by partner Jarrolds for best dressed lady, best hat and best couple.
Fakenham Racecourse's Dalia Courridge said: "There have been more young people attending and people are putting greater effort into their dresses. One of my favourites last year was a lady whose hat and handbag looked like an ice cream cone!"
Attendees can enjoy a jazz band by day and a DJ in the evening, in predicted 23 degree heat.
You may also want to watch:
Races will be from 2.25pm, but Ms Courridge would not be lured into giving tips. She said "If a horse called gin and tonic is running, it will have my support!"
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us