Special day at racecourse to celebrate the thrill of owning a racehorse
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Fakenham Racecourse will host a special event to promote the thrill of owning a racehorse.
The Industry Ownership Day on Thursday January 24, one of 12 to take place across the UK, has been organised by the Racehorse Owners Association (ROA).
Retired jockey Mick Fitzgerald will be assisting in promoting and celebrating racehorse ownership and the ROA will sponsor the entire day's racecard.
ROA Chief Executive Charlie Liverton said: 'We wanted to evolve the successful regional meetings and make the raceday much more inclusive for our members and much more focussed on ownership and the industry as a whole.
'The day will hopefully put a spotlight on the valuable contribution owners make to our sport and hopefully stimulate some enthusiasts to join us in the wonderful experience that owning a racehorse, however big or small, provides.'
You may also want to watch:
ROA members will be invited to take part in the numerous post-race presentations for winners including the ROA Owners Jackpot race, which gives a £2,000 bonus to the winning horse if it's majority-owned by ROA members.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 5 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Teenage girl seriously sexually assaulted near rail track
- 8 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital