Special day at racecourse to celebrate the thrill of owning a racehorse
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Fakenham Racecourse will host a special event to promote the thrill of owning a racehorse.
The Industry Ownership Day on Thursday January 24, one of 12 to take place across the UK, has been organised by the Racehorse Owners Association (ROA).
Retired jockey Mick Fitzgerald will be assisting in promoting and celebrating racehorse ownership and the ROA will sponsor the entire day's racecard.
ROA Chief Executive Charlie Liverton said: 'We wanted to evolve the successful regional meetings and make the raceday much more inclusive for our members and much more focussed on ownership and the industry as a whole.
'The day will hopefully put a spotlight on the valuable contribution owners make to our sport and hopefully stimulate some enthusiasts to join us in the wonderful experience that owning a racehorse, however big or small, provides.'
You may also want to watch:
ROA members will be invited to take part in the numerous post-race presentations for winners including the ROA Owners Jackpot race, which gives a £2,000 bonus to the winning horse if it's majority-owned by ROA members.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move