GALLERY: Take a look back at Fakenham Racecourse in the 1990s
PUBLISHED: 11:45 26 April 2019 | UPDATED: 11:55 26 April 2019
Fakenham Racecourse has long been a popular and cherished Norfolk location.
And these archive pictures taken more than 20 years ago, between 1993 and 1997, show exactly that.
They offer a glimpse into racing during the decade and show packed, bustling stands full of intrigued racegoers eagerly watching on, as well as some of the competitive racing action which is still on show at the Racecourse today.
The Racecourse has a lengthy history, with its first ever meeting taking place in 1905 and in 1926, there was the introduction of a hurdle race.
In 1953, the original Grandstand was built with enlargements to the paddock and the paddock and parade ring were moved.
Fakenham Racecourse also has strong royal links. Her Majesty the Queen was Patron for almost 50 years before handing over to The Prince of Wales on January 1, 2000.
The £1 million Members' Stand was suitably named The Prince of Wales Stand and was officially opened by His Royal Highness in 2002.