Fakenham police urge vigilance after a spate of van break-ins
Police in Fakenham are urging motorists to be vigilant after a spate of van break-ins.
Five vans were targeted over Wednesday and yesterday (Thursday) and officers are advising people to lock their vehicles and remove all their valuables when they park.
o St Peters Road - a Fiat Ducato van was broken into sometime between 10am on Wednesday and 8am yesterday. Nothing was stolen.
o North Park - a second Fiat Ducato van was broken into between 4pm on Wednesday and 5pm yesterday. Tools including a grinder and cutter were taken.
You may also want to watch:
o Heath Rise - several hundred pounds worth of tools were taken from inside a Citroen van between 7pm on Wednesday and 7am yesterday.
o North Park - tools were again taken when a Citroen Relay van was broken into between 9pm on Wendesday and 8am yesterday.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
o Rowan Way - an attempt was made to break into a Peugeot Expert van between 12.15am and 9am yesterday, but nothing was stolen.
If you see a crime in progress or believe the offenders are still in the area, dial 999.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
For more crime prevention advice, click on www.norfolk.police.uk.