Fakenham police catch 16 speeding drivers - in one morning
Police caught 16 speeding motorists in one morning as part of a ongoing crackdown in Fakenham.
The operation was part of a new campaign to target drivers who ignore the 20 mph speed limit on each of the roads leading into the town.
All the culprits were caught by officers using a hand-held speed gun in Norwich Road.
PC Wayne Simmons, from Fakenham response, said: 'Almost all of the drivers who were stopped were unaware that a 20mph limit exists along that particular stretch of road which came as a shock to the officers as the speed limit has been in force for a number of years.
'These limits are clearly sign posted and we are asking drivers to pay attention to the road signs and their speeds when driving in the town'.
The 16 drivers caught in the first operation, carried out on June 24, were given verbal warnings.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed