Pharmacy team putting lockdown walks to the test in trek
- Credit: Fakenham pharmacy
Staff at a Norfolk pharmacy are looking to put their lockdown walks to the test.
The team at Fakenham pharmacy are planning to take part in TREK24, walking a 24 mile route in Holkham to raise money for the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
Lucy Kinsley, who works at the pharmacy, floated the idea when out walking with a colleague. Now, the whole team is planning the walk on Sunday, September 12.
“We are quite excited,” she said.
“It’s a bit of a challenge, some of us exercise and some don’t but it will be nice for team spirit.
You may also want to watch:
“We are like a family now because we have spent so much time together this last year.
“We are all excited about it, it's something to look forward to, and we all want to get a bit fitter.”
- 1 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 2 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 3 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 4 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 5 Hospital's walk-in vaccine clinic suspended after poor attendance
- 6 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 7 Lanes closed after lorry hits A47 central reservation
- 8 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 9 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 10 Boss unhappy over fake worker's 'vile' comments about Prince Philip
All the staff are taking part, but there will be someone at the pharmacy on the day.
You can donate to their trek here.