Fakenham Parish Church to support refugees for Christian Aid Week
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Parish Church is preparing to raise money for refugees as part of the annual Christian Aid Week.
The theme of the week, which runs from May 14 until May 21, is supporting refugees and Fakenham Parish Church will take part by hosting a fundraising breakfast on May 6 and running market stalls and street collections.
It is one of many churches across the region that will be raising money for the week.
Christian Aid's Norfolk Regional Coordinator, Julian Bryant, said: 'Today, tens of millions of people across the globe are fleeing their homes because of war, conflict and disaster, and are making dangerous journeys in search of safety. We can make such a difference to help these people.'
He added: 'Fundraising is not always the easiest of things to do but we may be literally saving lives by doing this in Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
For more information and fundraising resources you can contact Mr Bryant on email@example.com.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base