Fakenham mayor opens new pub
A new pub which has created 58 jobs was opened in Fakenham today by the town's mayor Jeremy Punchard.
Steve Baxter, co-manager of The Running Horse, which is a Marston's pub, on Clipbush Lane, said he had received about 390 enquiries about jobs there and the vast majority of people taken on are from the Fakenham area.
Twenty six of the jobs are full-time positions and the pub has been given its name to tie in with Fakenham's famous race course.
Mr Baxter said: 'Not all of the enquiries resulted in formal applications but we did have a high number of good quality applicants.
'Everyone apart from myself, my co-manager Michael Ennor and a temporary deputy manager, Hanro Steytler, is from the Fakenham area.'
Mr Punchard said: 'It's good to have a new pub in Fakenham. The town has a history of lots of pubs, some of which have closed over the years.
'This looks to me like a nice, family pub and it is good for the infrastructure of the town as potentially as many as 800 homes will be built in the north of Fakenham in the next few years and this will be a good place for the people in these homes to go to.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk