Fakenham golf club members provide new wheelchair to city basketball player
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Fakenham golf club have donated a new sports wheelchair to a member of a city basketball team.
The club's seniors raised funds to provide the item to Rhiannan Webb of the Norwich Low Riders wheelchair basketball team over the weekend.
She said: 'I love the new wheelchair which will allow me to be more included in sports that cannot be accessed without a chair and to take part in more physical education lessons and out of school club's.'
Members of the Norfolk Lord's and Lady Taverners were also present for the donation.
The organisation supplies sports wheelchairs to individuals who require a starter chair or a bespoke chair for more advanced players under the age of 25.
Peter Hopkinson, seniors captain, said: 'We were delighted to provide this chair to Rhiannan and we all hope it gives her lots of pleasure.'
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row