Fakenham golf club members provide new wheelchair to city basketball player
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Fakenham golf club have donated a new sports wheelchair to a member of a city basketball team.
The club's seniors raised funds to provide the item to Rhiannan Webb of the Norwich Low Riders wheelchair basketball team over the weekend.
She said: 'I love the new wheelchair which will allow me to be more included in sports that cannot be accessed without a chair and to take part in more physical education lessons and out of school club's.'
Members of the Norfolk Lord's and Lady Taverners were also present for the donation.
The organisation supplies sports wheelchairs to individuals who require a starter chair or a bespoke chair for more advanced players under the age of 25.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Hopkinson, seniors captain, said: 'We were delighted to provide this chair to Rhiannan and we all hope it gives her lots of pleasure.'
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 9 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary