Fakenham golf club members provide new wheelchair to city basketball player
- Credit: Archant
Members of a Fakenham golf club have donated a new sports wheelchair to a member of a city basketball team.
The club's seniors raised funds to provide the item to Rhiannan Webb of the Norwich Low Riders wheelchair basketball team over the weekend.
She said: 'I love the new wheelchair which will allow me to be more included in sports that cannot be accessed without a chair and to take part in more physical education lessons and out of school club's.'
Members of the Norfolk Lord's and Lady Taverners were also present for the donation.
The organisation supplies sports wheelchairs to individuals who require a starter chair or a bespoke chair for more advanced players under the age of 25.
You may also want to watch:
Peter Hopkinson, seniors captain, said: 'We were delighted to provide this chair to Rhiannan and we all hope it gives her lots of pleasure.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop